Playing golf in Spain – tips and advice
- Book in advance. Many of the courses regularly host competitions, so it can be difficult to book tee times at short notice. Book well in advance and take your booking confirmation with you.
- If possible, avoid playing during the middle of the day in summer, as it can be very hot.
- Always make sure to take plenty of water with you on the course. It is also a good idea to put an ice pack in with the water bottles in your bag.
- Use sunscreen!
- Many of the courses are quite hilly, so it may be a good idea to hire a golf buggy.
- Don't be afraid to ask for hints and advice from the locals, or your new golfing friends. Many of them can direct you to little golfing gems that most tourists are unaware of.