You may directly or indirectly provide us with information about yourself in a number of different ways. For example, when you engage the services of an estate agent, register with a monitoring service, visit Fastighetsbyrån’s website or are in contact with Fastighetsbyrån in some other way, such as at a viewing or via a contact form. We may also collect data from a third party, for example owner information from Sweden’s land registration authority Lantmäteriet, or additional address details from the Swedish phone directory website Hitta.se. The data we choose to collect about you depends on the reason for our initial contact, and the channel via which it came. Examples of personal data:
- Personal and contact information including your name, national identity number, email address, mobile phone number and home address
- Account and payment details for buyers and sellers
- Device information such as IP address, language settings and web browser settings
The main purpose of the data processing undertaken by Fastighetsbyrån is to provide, carry out and improve our services to you. There are several different reasons why we may need to collect, manage and save your data. Some of the reasons are purely legal: we need to save your data in order to comply with the relevant legislation, e.g. the Swedish real estate act. On other occasions we will need to save your personal data in order to fulfil our contracts, deliver what we have promised to you, or to be able to offer you the best and most appropriate services.
Fastighetsbyrån processes personal data for the following purposes based on the following lawful basis:
|Purpose of the processing||Lawful basis for processing (why the processing is necessary)sql|
|To confirm your identity and verify your personal and contact details||To fulfil contracts and commitments made to you|
|In order to match housing to your needs and provide services to you||To fulfil contracts and commitments made to you|
|In order to provide you with the customer service and assistance you may require with regard to our services||To fulfil contracts and commitments made to you|
|In order to manage your potential participation in competitions and events||To fulfil contracts and other legitimate interests|
|To comply with the relevant legislation, such as bookkeeping legislation, laws to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, and the real estate act||To comply with the relevant legislation|
|For client group and marketing analysis to improve our services to you||Other legitimate interests|
|For mailings of offers and marketing||Other legitimate interests|
When we use the lawful basis ‘legitimate interest’, it means that the processing is required in order to satisfy our legitimate interest. For example, to be able to offer you housing-related products and services, such as our property value monitoring service Värdebevakaren, or our final selling price subscription service Slutprisprenumeration. It could also be that we would like to follow up your visit to a viewing, or your property purchase. Another legitimate interest is keeping our services as user-friendly and relevant as possible for you. It means we need to analyse how the services are used to enable us to make improvements for you as a client. We aim to assist you in the form of relevant communications, various services and appropriate and customised offers. For the lawful basis ‘legitimate interest’, we always consider the balance between Fastighetsbyrån’s interest in processing personal data and the individual’s interest in protecting their personal data.Why do we need your national identity number?
Sometimes we need your national identity number, because it is the only way of confirming your identity when signing a contract, for example. We will only process your national identity number when there is a genuine justification, in light of the purpose.Who might we share your personal data with?
Fastighetsbyrån does not sell your personal data to other organisations, and naturally we do not share your personal data with just anyone. However, in some cases we may need to share your personal data with selected third parties. If we do this, we make sure that the transfer happens in a secure way that protects your privacy. To follow are categories of recipients with whom we may share your data.
- Other companies within the Swedbank Group. Fastighetsbyrån is part of the Swedbank Group. To be able to offer the products and services provided by other companies in the Swedbank Group, such as banking and financing services, we may need to transfer personal data to other companies in the Group. A limited selection of personal data may also be transferred between branches of Fastighetsbyrån
- Business partners. Fastighetsbyrån offers additional products or services, in which OBM-gruppen/Anticimex arranges insurance and surveys, along with advertising via Hemnet, for example, all of which may involve the transfer of personal data
- Business system and case management suppliers. In order to carry out our assignments and services, we store your data in our business system (a system that manages our clients and contacts), and in the event of problems, in a case management system
- Suppliers of printed material and distribution. We may also share details about you with suppliers that provide printed material and distribution
- Estate agents are required by law to provide Fastighetsmäklarinspektionen (Swedish Estate Agents Inspectorate, FMI) with details and documents required by FMI as part of its supervisory remit. Personal data may therefore also be submitted to FMI or to an estate agent’s insurance company
Fastighetsbyrån and our suppliers and business partners generally process your personal data within the EU/EEA. In cases where personal data is processed outside the EU/EEA, we ensure that our suppliers and business partners comply with the same level of security and protection that is applied in the EU/EEA.How long do we store your personal data?
Fastighetsbyrån stores personal data for the period of time required for the purposes specified above. It could be for as long as is necessary to be able to complete the assignment agreed with you, according to our contracts or other commitments. It could also be for as long as is required by law or decisions by public authorities. Fastighetsbyrån regularly sorts through registered personal data.Your rights
Irrespective of the information we have stored about you, you will always have control over your own data. That is why according to the relevant data protection legislation you have access to the following rights.
- Right of access. You can request a copy of the personal data registered with us and verify the data we have about you
- Right to rectification. You are entitled to have inaccurate or incomplete data about you rectified
- Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted if the data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected. However, if the data is being stored because of a legal obligation to store certain information, you are not entitled to request that such information is deleted
- Right to data portability. If our right to process your personal data is based on consent from you, or in order to fulfil a contract with you, you are entitled to request a copy of such data in a machine-readable format in order to reuse it with another company. This primarily applies to data that you yourself have given us. In other words, only certain data is covered by the right to data portability
- Right to object. You always have the right to request not to receive direct marketing, and to object to such processing of personal data based on a balancing of interests (legitimate interest)
- In cases where we use a legitimate interest/balancing of interests as a lawful basis for a purpose, you have the opportunity to object to the processing. In order to continue processing your personal data following such an objection, we need to be able to show a compelling legitimate reason for the processing in question, which overrides your interests, rights or freedoms
- If you object to direct marketing, we will cease processing your personal data for that purpose
Right to restriction of processing.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data if, for example, you consider it to be inaccurate
Remember that you have a say in which channels we use to contact you. For example, you may decide you do not want to be contacted via email or text message. You can also opt out of various types of mailing, such as newsletters. In such cases, you should not object to processing of the data, but instead just contact us and request a restriction to the communication channels we use.
Exercising your rights does not cost anything. However, if a request is clearly unfounded or unreasonable, we will charge a fee to cover any administrative expenses associated with the request. We may also turn down a request that is unfounded or unreasonable.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions, or read more at Exercise your rights about how you should word your request to find out about your rights.Complaints?
If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your personal data, you are entitled to submit them to the country’s supervisory authority. In Sweden that is Datainspektionen , which is responsible for monitoring and supervising us and other companies that manage personal data on the Swedish market. The equivalent supervisory authority in Spain is called Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, and in Portugal Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados – CNPD.Contact details:
Telephone: +46 (0)8-657 61 00
Telephone: +34 91399 6200
Telephone: +351 21 392 84 00
Do you have any questions about how we manage your personal data, or would you like to exercise any of your rights associated with the management of your personal data? Then please contact us at Fastighetsbyrån using the contact details below.
If you contact us at email@example.com your case will be in safe hands and we will get back to you shortly.Contact details of the Personal Data Controller:
The Personal Data Controller is SWEDBANK FASTIGHETSBYRÅ AB (corp. id no 556090-2115), street address Västra Järnvägsgatan 7, 111 64 STOCKHOLM Sweden, and postal address Box 644, 101 32 STOCKHOLM Sweden, Tel: +46 (0)8-54 54 55 00, Fax: +46 (0)8-54 54 55 01, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.fastighetsbyran.se.